Here are the Federal and Provincial updates from today.
- Restrictions at the Canada/US Border have been extended an additional 30 days, until June 21
- Eligibility criteria for the Canada Emergency Business Account ($40,000 loan) have been expanded to include sole proprietors, people who rely on contractors, people who pay staff dividends etc.
- Emergency Order has been extended to May 29: https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/05/ontario-extends-emergency-orders-to-keep-people-safe.html
- This includes gathering of no more than 5 people
- Outdoor playgrounds, fitness equipment, splash pads etc. will remain closed until later stages of the provinces reopening plan
- Restaurants may only provide take-out/delivery options, no dine-in
- Schools will remain closed for the rest of the year: https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/05/health-and-safety-top-priority-as-schools-remain-closed.html
- Overnight camps will remain closed, however day camps will be permitted to operate under strict guidelines I July and August
- Daycare centres will remain closed for the time being, but are expected to reopen gradually in stage 2 of the reopening plan. Very strict guidelines will be in place, similar to what is currently being done for emergency child care centres
- Re-openings for day camp and child care centres will be at the discretion of the local health unit
- The province has announced an Independent commission into long-term care homes: https://news.ontario.ca/mltc/en/2020/05/ontario-announces-independent-commission-into-long-term-care.html