Elmvale Arena Reopening October 5
Township of Springwater / October 2, 2020 – The Elmvale Arena will reopen on October 5 for user groups and private ice rentals with new procedures and guidelines in place.
The Elmvale Arena was closed to the public on March 13 due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Following guidelines put in place by the Province of Ontario and in consultation with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, staff have developed new protocols for the safe use of the facility.
User groups and participants must adhere to the following protocols:
• Prior to their first ice booking, all participants and organizers must complete the
new rental agreement package.
• Upon each visit, all patrons and users must complete a mandatory COVID-19
pre-screening form, check-in with arena staff, sanitize their hands and don a mask. Masks must be worn by everyone entering the facility and may only be removed by participants for on-ice activities.
• Everyone entering the facility must follow the markings and signs posted within. This includes directional signage, no stopping zones, dedicated areas for viewing and separate entrances and exits.
• There will be no access to the arena for spectators. One parent/guardian may assist participants under the age of 18 with equipment and tying skates, but must vacate the facility thereafter.
• Capacity limits are in place for change rooms, washrooms, and the ice surface.
• Access to the change rooms will be limited to 15 minutes prior to and following
allotted ice time. Participants are asked to arrive as fully dressed as safely
• Participants must bring their own pre-filled water bottle.
Cooperation is required from all users to ensure the safety of our community. User groups are at risk of losing ice booking privileges if these new procedures are not followed.
For additional information on the new protocols and procedures or for rental information, please visit www.springwater.ca/arena
Nicole Audette Communications Officer Township of Springwater 705-728-4784 Ext. 2067 Nicole.Audette@springwater.ca